Welcome

Hello and welcome. I have created this blog to provide an insight account of my journey to stage my second show garden at this years RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show. Share all my highs and lows as I make preparation for the garden to be built as the countdown to 6th July 2009 begins.

Friday 26 June 2009

Well I've finally managed to find time to update my blog, sorry for the delay but we are working from 7am till about 9pm on site and then have to upload all my pictures and complete paperwork so haven't found the time to update date. Anyway 5 days in and I'm really pleased so far how the garden is looking, its looking so much better then i could of imagined. Alright its been along 5 days and have had lots of problems like the wall somehow eating around 30 litres of paint, but the end result is fantastic despite everybody on site thinking it was going to be pink as this was the colour it looks like before it dries. The trees and hedges arrived on site on Wednesday and they where a bit of a headache to put in but again time well spent. The Rhus in the raised bed is fantastic as its really the first time i have seen it really in leaf and the umbrella shape is perfect for the garden. The 5 Silver Birch trees are also amazing, just the right size and they two look stunning, especially against against the crimson wall and the deep green of the beech hedge. We had another problem today with the water feature, despite how many times we put the pumps together they wouldn't stop leaking but 2.5hours later and main jubilee clips later we've managed to sort the problem nut was very worrying for a hour at least. We also attached the first batch of sedum matting to the framework and set behind the water features they look amazing and look so much better in real life then in my head. The team also started on the raised bed but again have come across another problem but hopefully will be fixed in the next couple of days so fingers crossed. Other then that we've managed to do lots in five days but are really only half way there so still so much to do. I would though like to thank all the team. Chris, David, Duncan and Hoff for all their hard work, working long hours it is much appreciated guys. I'll update again over the weekend in the mean time I'll keep uploaded the photos every night. Thanks again for all the support.

No comments: